Explore strategies to advance racial equity in child welfare presented by families and youth with lived expertise and other national experts. Pair videos with the related discussion guide to prompt learning and reflection on racial inequities and develop plans to put ideas into action in these key areas:
- Build a Foundation for Racial Equity in Child Welfare
- Data and Racial Equity in Child Welfare
- Racial Equity and Authentic Engagement in Child Welfare
- Racial Equity and the Child Welfare Workforce
Ready to Get Started?
First, select the topics that align with your personal and team interests. Then, answer the reflection questions in the discussion guide to prepare individuals for group learning. Finally, use the conversation starters and team activities to facilitate team discussions, create a shared understanding of how these topics relate to your everyday work, and develop action plans to move the work of racial equity forward.
The guide includes:
- Descriptions of the videos
- Individual reflection questions tailored to each topic
- Conversation starters to spark discussion of ideas and strategies for advancing racial equity with your colleagues and leaders
- Team activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners to brainstorm how to put these ideas into action
- Strategies, resources, and tips for having conversations about racial equity