Explore strategies to help child welfare organizations create equity in the workplace.
Child welfare systems should foster a healthy organizational culture and climate and improve the well-being of the child welfare workforce. Attention to issues of racial equity, in all facets of the organization and workforce, is particularly critical. This video discusses how child welfare organizations can create equity in the workforce by promoting diversity, emphasizing the need for organizational assessments, creating a culture and environment that values lived experience and expertise, addressing moral distress, and combating implicit bias.
Use this video with the CWVE 2021 Discussion Guide, which provides information and activities for each topic, including a description of the topic, reflection questions tailored to the topic, and team activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners.
- Anita Barbee, Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development
- Veronica Burroughs, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Julia Donovan, Ohio Kinship & Adoption Navigator Program at Kinnect
- Vannessa Dorantes, Connecticut Department of Children and Families
- Amy He, National Child Welfare Workforce Institute
- Jodi Hill-Lily, Connecticut Department of Children and Families
Resource List: Intentional Inclusion: Creating Equity in the Workplace