Explore the need for involving multiple voices in developing and implementing prevention plans, as well as the important role courts play in prevention
This video, discusses the importance of primary prevention in child welfare, the public systems approach to prevention, and examples of how states have successfully implemented prevention programs.
Use this video with the CWVE 2020 Discussion Guide, which provides information and activities for each topic, including a description of the topic, reflection questions tailored to the topic, and team activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners.
- Jasmine Hayes, Capacity Building Center for States
- Jerry Milner, Children's Bureau
- Amelia Franck Meyer, Alia
- Michael Cull, University of Kentucky
- Vivek Sankaran, University of Michigan Law School
- Elliott Hinkle, Capacity Building Center for States
Video 1 Resource List