Explore the power of intentionally partnering with young people and families to transform child welfare systems and better serve and support children, youth, and families.
Pair the CWVE videos with the related discussion guide to learn about:
- Building a foundation for prioritizing lived expertise in child welfare
- Authentically engaging with people with lived experience and expertise
- Developing equitable partnerships with lived experts
- Partnering with lived experts in child welfare
Ready to Get Started?
First, select the topics that align with your personal and team interests. Then, answer the reflection questions in the discussion guide to prepare individuals for group learning. Finally, use the conversation starters and team activities to facilitate team discussions, create a shared understanding of how these topics relate to your everyday work, and develop action plans to increase partnerships with lived experts in child welfare.
The guide includes:
- Descriptions of the videos
- Individual reflection questions tailored to each topic
- Conversation starters to spark discussion of ideas and strategies for increasing input from lived experts
- Team activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners to brainstorm how to put these ideas into action