Explore three different simulations used to train and build child welfare workers’ skills by mimicking the conditions and content that a worker will encounter on the job.
This brief video, part of the Fostering a Healthy Workforce: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2018 learning experience, walks through high- and low-tech simulations that mimic the conditions and content that workers encounter on the job, including threats of violence.
Use this video with the reflection worksheet and the CWVE 2018 Discussion Guide, which provides tailored information and activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners.
- Todd Franke, Department of Social Welfare, University of California, Los Angeles
- Betsy Goulet, School of Public Affairs and Administration, University of Illinois, Springfield
- Susan Evans, Center for State Policy and Leadership, University of Illinois, Springfield
- Chad McDonald, College of Social Work, University of Utah
- James Coloma, Capacity Building Center for States
Access information about continuing education units (CEUs).