Explore insights on using protective capacities and protective factors to build a continuum of practice that extends from safety to strength-building.
This video, part of the Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2017 learning experience, offers insights on using protective capacities and protective factors to enhance assessment, family engagement, case planning, and collaboration with community partners.
Use this video with the reflection worksheet, which provides reflection questions for individuals and teams.
- Nilofer Ahsan, Child Abuse and Neglect Technical Assistance and Strategic Dissemination Center (CANTASD)
- Theresa Costello, ACTION for Child Protection
- Amanda Elliott, Partnership for Strong Families
- Christine Weems, Florida Department of Children and Families
- Sarah House, Utah Division of Child and Family Services
Access information on continuing education units (CEUs).