Safety Decision-Making: Using Protective Capacities and Protective Factors
Explore insights on using protective capacities and protective factors to build a continuum of practice that extends from safety to strength-building.
ADA Compliant Video
This video, part of the Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2017 learning experience, offers insights on using protective capacities and protective factors to enhance assessment, family engagement, case planning, and collaboration with community partners.
Use this video with the reflection worksheet, which provides reflection questions for individuals and teams.
- Nilofer Ahsan, Child Abuse and Neglect Technical Assistance and Strategic Dissemination Center (CANTASD)
- Theresa Costello, ACTION for Child Protection
- Amanda Elliott, Partnership for Strong Families
- Christine Weems, Florida Department of Children and Families
- Sarah House, Utah Division of Child and Family Services
Access information on continuing education units (CEUs).
More From This Learning Experience
Capacity Building Center for States. (2017). Safety decision-making: Using protective capacities and protective factors [Video]. Children’s Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit the Capacity Building Center for States.
Connect With Us
Learn how we can help your agency build the capacity to thrive.
Visit the Center for States' Contact Us webpage for more information.