Perspectives on Normalcy
Perspectives on Normalcy: Videos and Discussion Questions
The series Perspectives on Normalcy: Videos and Discussion Questions is designed to support States and territories in implementing training related to the reasonable and prudent parent standard (RPPS) of the Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act (P.L. 113–183).
This tool includes videos from our Authentic Voices Videos series and accompanying discussion questions, as well as information and training resources about RPPS and normalcy. The videos feature a diverse group of individuals sharing their perspectives on normalcy and experiences with the child welfare system.
Use the videos, questions, and additional information to illustrate normalcy and generate discussion about the complexities of implementing normalcy using the RPPS.
Videos and Discussion Questions
- Kinship Adoption: You Get a Call, "Do You Want These Kids?"
- Young Adult Formerly in Congregate Care: Treat Me Like a Normal Child
- Adoptive Family: DNA Doesn't Define Family, Love Does
- Young Adult Formerly in Foster Care: This Is My Family, This Is Where I Call Home
- Community-Based Provider: Empowering Caregiver Decision-Making