Wondering how communities can strengthen families and improve parenting skills and parent-caregiver partnerships in foster care? Curious about how other jurisdictions support biological parents and children during supervised visits? Want to spark dialogue in your agency about shared parenting relationships between biological parents and caregivers? If so, gather your team to watch the recorded 2018 National Reunification Month webinar, Fostering Relationships Through Visitation, to hear about strategies used by California to support partnerships between caregivers and birth parents and by Wisconsin to support trauma-informed visitation. Use the accompanying discussion guide to lead your team in integrating strategies into practice for immediate improvements and identifying models that can be adapted for long-term change.
The Fostering Relationships Through Visitation archived webinar highlights strategies and best practice examples of collaborative parent partnerships and trauma-informed visitation. The presenters share the challenges, successful solutions, resources, and stories of their journey building supportive relationships between birth families, caregivers, and agencies.
Who Should Watch:
- Foster care managers
- Community partners
Who You'll Hear From:
- Jerry Milner, Associate Commissioner, Children’s Bureau (CB)
- Taffy Compain, National Foster Care Specialist, CB
- Jennifer Marcelli, Foster Care Program Area Manager, Capacity Building Center for States
- Jenny Keefe, Family Preservation Program Manager, SaintA
- Sonoma County, CA, Team: Katie Luciani, Rose Eshe, Robyn Robbins, and Jody Rodgers
What You'll Learn:
- Strategies that support stronger partnerships between birth parents and caregivers
- Best practice examples in visitation programming
- Approaches to improve visitation between children and parents
- Highlights from foster and biological parent mentors in innovative partnership programs
Continuing Education Units
We are pleased to offer social work, clinical psychology, counseling, and marriage and family therapy continuing education units (CEUs) with our recorded webinar. After you have watched the video, you may purchase CEUs.*
* Note: The CEU sponsor, R. Cassidy Seminars, maintains responsibility for its CEU program. For more information on the licensing program and requirements, please visit the sponsor’s website.