Explore how child welfare leaders, managers, and supervisors can motivate their staff to use data and evidence in their everyday practice.
This video, part of the Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2019 learning experience, examines how child welfare leaders and decision makers can become more effective “everyday scientists” by gathering, using, and applying data in their own practice while seeding curiosity to generate innovative strategies.
Use this video with the Reflection Worksheet and the CWVE 2019 Discussion Guide, which provide questions, tailored information, and activities for individuals and teams.
- Andrew Yost, Capacity Building Center for Courts
- Melinda Feola-Mahar, Capacity Building Center for States
- Margo Fudge, County of San Diego, California, Health and Human Services Agency, Child Welfare Services
- Jerry Bruce, Georgia Supreme Court Committee on Justice for Children
- Joseph Walker, JBS International, Inc.
- Dana Weiner, Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago
Access information on continuing education units (CEU).
Resource List: Becoming a Workforce of Everyday Scientists: Leaders and Decision Makers in Agencies and Tribes