Explore foundational information to build shared understanding of child welfare data collection and evidence.
This video, part of the Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2019 learning experience, describes how research, evaluation, and continuous quality improvement efforts help strengthen practice and increase effectiveness in child welfare. Panelists discuss the role everyone has in using data and feedback in order to be effective in their own practice as leaders, midlevel managers, frontline staff, court personnel, service providers, and university researchers.
Use this video with the CWVE 2019 Discussion Guide, which provides tailored information and activities for child welfare staff and collaborative partners.
- Maggie Bishop, Capacity Building Center for States
- Jennifer Haight, Children's Bureau
- Rebecca Jones Gaston, Maryland Department of Human Services, Social Services Administration
- Amanda Cruce, Capacity Building Center for States
- Rita Hart, Capacity Building Center for Tribes
- Christine Kiesel, Children’s Bureau
- Renda Dionne Madrigal, Mindful Practice Inc.
- Alicia Summers, Capacity Building Center for Courts
- Nicole Barnes, Capacity Building Center for States
Resource List: Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Collective Investment in Improving the Lives of Children and Families