Child Welfare Virtual Expo 2019
Child Welfare Virtual Expo 2019
Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Don’t miss this year’s Child Welfare Virtual Expo! Check back soon to reserve your virtual seat. Follow the #CWVE conversation on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Watch the orientation video and learn more about the Child Welfare Virtual Expo and our innovative virtual platform!
About the Child Welfare Virtual Expo
The Child Welfare Virtual Expo (Virtual Expo) is an annual, 1-day event sponsored by the Children’s Bureau and the Capacity Building Center for States. On Thursday, September 19, the Virtual Expo will bring together child welfare professionals from federal, state, and local organizations across the country to engage in activities, discussions, and skill building around current child welfare issues.
The theme of this year’s Virtual Expo, Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families, will provide opportunities to learn about collecting and using data, feedback, and research in child welfare to assess performance, test assumptions, and determine how you can be most effective in your work.
Sessions at the Virtual Expo will enhance your knowledge, increase your understanding, and provide practical applications to inform your work. Choose from a variety of engaging sessions that will discuss:
- How we make daily decisions in cases, programs, and administration
- Why we feel confident (or not) that what we’re doing is working
- Practical steps and strategies we can use to innovate and improve what we do
- How we can create systems that reward curiosity and feedback-seeking behaviors
- Why all of our voices (including those of children, youth, and families) matter in evaluation design and interpretation
- How data, feedback, and evaluation can be made more understandable and useful
Networking at the Virtual Expo
Enjoy all the benefits of attending a conference without ever leaving your desk and without the travel costs and time away. Whether you’re seeking new connections, or virtually meeting with colleagues, there’s no shortage of networking opportunities to look forward to at the Virtual Expo.
Networking Lounge: A designated social area for you to network with other participants, presenters, and leading experts.
Virtual Chats: Scheduled chats throughout the Virtual Expo provide opportunities to engage with speakers, subject matter experts, national organizations, and critical stakeholders, including youth.
Exhibit Hall: Features downloadable resources and tools to add to your virtual briefcase.
The Virtual Expo will bring together a wide variety of state and local stakeholders, including:
- State, territorial, and tribal child welfare agency leaders
- Child welfare supervisors and managers
- Child welfare caseworkers
- Court Improvement Program staff, attorneys, and judges involved in child maltreatment cases
- Other professionals focused on improving the well-being of children, youth, and families
Join us on Thursday, September 19 from your computer, tablet, or mobile device to:
- Access cutting-edge presentations from national thought leaders, program directors, frontline workers, parents, and youth.
- Chat and exchange ideas with your colleagues and peers across the country.
- Participate in learning activities that help transfer concepts to practice.
- Access new tools and resources to use in your work.
- Explore the virtual exhibit hall and meet with our featured exhibitors.
- Earn Continuing Education Units for your participation.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.