Child Welfare Virtual Expo 2021
Child Welfare Virtual Expo 2021
Advancing Racial Equity in Child Welfare
Thursday, September 23, 2021
10:00AM – 5:00PM EDT
9:00AM – 4:00PM CDT
8:00AM – 3:00PM MDT
7:00AM – 2:00PM PDT
Don't miss this year's Child Welfare Virtual Expo! Register soon to reserve your virtual seat.
Watch the “Getting Ready” video and learn more about the Child Welfare Virtual Expo!
The Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) is an annual one-day event sponsored by the Children's Bureau and the Capacity Building Center for States.
On Thursday, September 23, the CWVE will bring together child welfare professionals from federal, state, and local organizations across the country to engage in online activities, discussions, and skill building activities that provide information, explore strategies, and offer innovative ideas and action steps to support strengthening racial equity at child welfare agencies.
Organizational partners for this year's CWVE include:
- Capacity Building Center for Tribes
- Capacity Building Center for Courts
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Children's Bureau Learning and Coordination Center (CBLCC) (formerly CANTASD)
- National Child Welfare Workforce Institute(NCWWI)
- Quality Improvement Center on Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
Top Three Reasons to Attend CWVE 2021
1. Participate in Dynamic Online Sessions and Earn CEUs
CWVE 2021 will offer strategies and resources to help address the racism and bias that continue to create disproportional representation in the child welfare system and disparities in outcomes for Black, American Indian and Alaska Native, and other children, youth, and families of color. These inequities lead to the unnecessary separation of families, cause trauma, and continue to prevent child welfare systems from effectively supporting the safety and well-being of all the children, youth, and families they serve.
Sessions at the 2021 CWVE are designed to enhance your knowledge, increase your understanding, help you earn continuing education units (CEUs), and provide practical applications to help agencies advance racial equity in child welfare. Choose from a variety of engaging sessions that will discuss:
- Current and historical inequities in child welfare
- Strategies for reducing implicit bias and eliminating its impact on decision-making in child welfare
- Approaches to using data and evaluation to identify and address inequity and disparities in child welfare
- Actionable steps for engaging youth, families, and communities of color to work together to develop equitable policies
- Practical examples to help authentically engage youth, families, and organizational partners and integrate lived expertise to reduce inequality and disparities
2. Virtually Network and Digitally Connect With Your Team
Safely enjoy all the benefits of attending a conference without leaving your home or office. Whether you’re seeking new connections or virtually meeting with colleagues, there’s no shortage of national networking opportunities at the CWVE.
Virtual networking spaces: Designated social areas to connect with other participants, presenters, and leading national experts.
Exhibit Hall and Resource Gallery: User-friendly, easy-to-locate spaces feature downloadable resources and tools to add to your virtual briefcase.
3. Exchange Ideas With Peers and Colleagues
Bring your team along virtually and take advantage of this unique online opportunity to learn from other teams, network with peers and experts for meaningful discussions, and plan for local action steps together in real time.
The 2021 CWVE can benefit a wide variety of federal, state, Tribal, and local stakeholders, including:
- Child welfare administrators, directors, and deputies
- Child welfare program and midlevel managers
- Child welfare frontline supervisors
- Child welfare screening and intake managers
- Child welfare continuous quality improvement (CQI) and evaluation staff
- Child welfare agency human resources staff
- Child welfare training leaders
- Tribal child welfare professionals
- Judicial and legal child welfare professionals
- Parent and youth leaders working to improve the child welfare system
- Private child and family services provider leaders
- Partner service agency leaders
- Key community partners and others focused on improving the well-being of children, youth, and families
Register and join us online on Thursday, September 23 from your computer, tablet, or mobile device:
- Hear insightful presentations from national thought leaders, child welfare researchers, parents, youth, and agency and organizational administrators from the comfort of your home or office.
- Plan for action during virtual learning activities that help apply learning to practice.
- Chat and exchange ideas with your colleagues and peers across the country.
- Earn CEUs for your participation.
- Download relevant tools and resources to use in your work.
- Explore the virtual Exhibit Hall and meet with representatives from national organizations.
Register today to reserve your virtual seat!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.