The Center for States designs products, services, and learning experiences to increase understanding and awareness, and build knowledge and skills. The Center focuses its attention on developing products and resources on several core organizational and practice topics.
If you are interested in our series and learning experiences, please use our search bar or explore our topics.
Explore our resources below and filter them as you need.
- Prevention-Focused Systems
- Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) Learning Experiences
- Workforce Development
- Out-of-Home Services
- Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA)
- Cross-System Collaboration
- Youth Development
- Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs)
- Continuous Quality Improvement and Implementation
- Family Preservation and In-Home Services
- Racial Equity
- Service Array
- Child Protection
- Power in Partnerships: Prioritizing Lived Expertise in Child Welfare: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2022 (25)
- Advancing Racial Equity in Child Welfare: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2021 (7)
- Strengthening Families Through Prevention and Collaboration: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2020 (4)
- Building Capacity to Address Chronic Neglect From a System's Perspective (1)
- Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2019 (1)
- Strengthening Assessment and Decision-Making for Improved Outcomes: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2017 (1)
- Visioning for Prevention: Protecting Children Through Strengthening Families (11)
- Prevention Planning Into Action (7)
- Engaging People With Lived Experience: Resources From Division X Technical Assistance (5)
- How We Partner With the Community to Improve Service Options Podcast Series (5)
- A Look Inside Sharing Power in Child Welfare: A Podcast (4)
- Parent Partner Program Navigator (3)
- Quality Matters: Improving Caseworker Contacts With Children, Youth, and Families (3)
- CFSR Round 4 Planning and Implementation Tools (2)
- Congregate Care in the Age of Family First (2)
- Strategic Planning in Child Welfare (2)
- 17th Annual Child Welfare Waiver Demonstration Projects Meeting (1)
- Authentic Voices Video Series: Sharing Our Perspective (1)
- Domestic Violence and the Child Welfare Professional (1)
- Inventory of Innovations (1)
- Keeping It Real: Simulation Training in Child Welfare (1)
- Perspectives on Normalcy (1)
Library and Information Services
The Center for States provides research assistance and responds to information requests on building capacity in child welfare.
Connect With Us
Learn how we can help your agency build the capacity to thrive.
Visit the Center for States' Contact Us webpage for more information.