The Center for States designs products, services, and learning experiences to increase understanding and awareness, and build knowledge and skills. The Center focuses its attention on developing products and resources on several core organizational and practice topics.
If you are interested in our series and learning experiences, please use our search bar or explore our topics.
Explore our resources below and filter them as you need.
- Youth Development
- Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) Learning Experiences
- Out-of-Home Services
- Workforce Development
- Prevention-Focused Systems
- Continuous Quality Improvement and Implementation
- Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs)
- Cross-System Collaboration
- Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA)
- Family Preservation and In-Home Services
- Racial Equity
- Child Protection
- Power in Partnerships: Prioritizing Lived Expertise in Child Welfare: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2022 (28)
- Advancing Racial Equity in Child Welfare: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2021 (7)
- Strengthening Families Through Prevention and Collaboration: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2020 (2)
- Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2019 (1)
- Authentic Voices Video Series: Sharing Our Perspective (14)
- Engaging People With Lived Experience: Resources From Division X Technical Assistance (9)
- Embracing a Youth Welfare System (7)
- Visioning for Prevention: Protecting Children Through Strengthening Families (7)
- Youth Engagement Blueprint (6)
- Perspectives on Normalcy (5)
- A Look Inside Sharing Power in Child Welfare: A Podcast (4)
- CFSR Round 4 Planning and Implementation Tools (4)
- Having the Normalcy Conversation (3)
- Parent Partner Program Navigator (3)
- Quality Matters: Improving Caseworker Contacts With Children, Youth, and Families (3)
- How We Partner With the Community to Improve Service Options Podcast Series (2)
- Strategic Planning in Child Welfare (2)
- Change and Implementation in Practice (1)
- Congregate Care in the Age of Family First (1)
- Domestic Violence and the Child Welfare Professional (1)
- Keeping It Real: Simulation Training in Child Welfare (1)
Library and Information Services
The Center for States provides research assistance and responds to information requests on building capacity in child welfare.
Connect With Us
Learn how we can help your agency build the capacity to thrive.
Visit the Center for States' Contact Us webpage for more information.