Explore how frontline child welfare professionals can use data and evidence in their everyday practice.
This video, part of the Effectiveness in Child Welfare: Our Role in Improving the Lives of Children and Families: Child Welfare Virtual Expo (CWVE) 2019 learning experience, examines how frontline child welfare professionals working with children and families can become more effective “everyday scientists” by gathering, using, and applying data in a systematic way to improve practice.
Use this video with the Reflection Worksheet and the CWVE 2019 Discussion Guide, which provide questions, tailored information, and activities for individuals and teams.
- Andrew Yost, Capacity Building Center for Courts
- Dana Weiner, Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago
- Anita Barbee, University of Louisville
- Michaela Guthrie, Capacity Building Center for States
- Alisa Lee, Utah Division of Child and Family Services
- Jennifer Benefiel, Capacity Building Center for States
- Vanessa Amburgey, Capacity Building Center for States
Resource List: Becoming a Workforce of Everyday Scientists: Frontline Staff in Agencies and Tribes
Access information on continuing education units (CEUs).