The Center for States aims to build the capacity for youth development and authentic youth engagement in all areas of child welfare services delivery systems. Strategies include effective training, the development of resources and the facilitation of shared information and best practices. Through the Young Adult Consultant program, youth formerly in foster care provide expertise in capacity-building activities to model youth engagement. Peer networking opportunities to spread best practices will also be used to build capacity.
- Engaging Youth in NYTD (PDF - 369 KB)
- Building Financial Capability: A Planning Guide for Integrated Services
- Financial Capability for Youth and Child Welfare
Register through CapLEARN to access the Webinar Library.
- Introduction of the Center for the Study of Social Policy's Youth Thrive Framework
- Perspectives on Youth Engagement
- Promising Practices That Support Pregnant and Parenting Youth in Care