The Center supports States and territories in building the capacity to recruit, train, and retain child welfare workers, enhance organizational health, and become learning organizations in order to improve service provision to children, youth, and families. This focus area's agenda complements the National Child Welfare Workforce Institute's work by promoting evidence-based, outcome-focused, and data-driven approaches to workforce development and planning. Strategies for capacity building include dissemination of products, resources, and services that help agencies develop and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies, create supportive agency cultures and climates, and cultivate long-term employment solutions.
- Coaching in Child Welfare (PDF - 235 KB)
- Simulation in Child Welfare Training: Moving Beyond Role Play (PDF - 535 KB)
- Capacity Building for Innovation in Child Welfare (PDF - 1,574 KB)
- Championing the Role of Child Welfare Professionals (PDF - 363 KB)
- The Child Welfare Worker Safety Guide (PDF - 982 KB)
2017 Child Welfare Virtual Expo
Register through CapLEARN to access the recordings.
Register through CapLEARN to access the Webinar Library.