The Center for States (Center) supports states and territories in building the capacity to develop comprehensive diligent recruitment programs to improve placement stability, permanency, and well-being for children and youth. Strategies to help states build capacity include building data-driven recruitment and retention plans, improving recruitment and retention of foster, adoptive, and kinship families, and creating a comprehensive diligent recruitment program that includes working with stakeholders across recruitment, licensing, and support services. The Center creates tools, products, and learning experiences that will enhance the knowledge and skills of child welfare professionals. Additionally, the Center supports peer networking designed to promote collaboration among members to share best practices.
Resources From Related Focus Areas
- Helping LGBTQ Families Navigate the Child Welfare System (PDF - 121 KB)
- Prepermanency Services for Adoptive and Guardianship Families (PDF - 192 KB)
- Working With Children and Youth With Complex Clinical Needs: Strategies in the Safe Reduction of Congregate Care
- Perspectives on Normalcy: Videos and Discussion Questions
- Authentic Voices Video Series: Sharing Our Perspective
- Empowering Caregivers, Strengthening Families Video Series
Register through CapLEARN to access learning experiences.
Podcasts From Information Gateway
More From Information Gateway
- Diligent Recruitment [Related Topic]