Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation
Change and Implementation in Practice: Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation
Improving child welfare outcomes requires effective solutions that address agencies' specific problems. For teams leading a change process, deciding what to implement is a crucial step in achieving their goals.
Child welfare agency leaders, managers, implementation teams, continuous quality improvement teams, and other stakeholders can use the resources below to learn how to:
- Research evidence-supported interventions (practices or techniques, multipart programs, policy changes, or a combination of these) to find the right one to achieve the desired change
- Assess the fit and feasibility of a potential intervention
- Adapt programs and practices to match their agency setting and the population who will receive services
- Design a well-defined intervention
Access Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation Resources
Need Detailed Information?
- Read the Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation brief (PDF - 537 KB) to gain an understanding of the key concepts and steps involved in selecting, adapting, and designing a child welfare intervention that can achieve desired outcomes.
Interested in a High-Level Overview?
- Read Change and Implementation at a Glance: Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation (PDF - 402 KB) for a summary of the key takeaways and steps of selecting, adapting, or designing an intervention.
Looking to Apply What You've Learned?
- Watch the Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation videos for an overview of key activities, including researching possible solutions, assessing fit and feasibility, and deciding on and defining the intervention. Use the integrated Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation video workbook (PDF - 156 KB) as you watch the videos to record your questions and ideas, which you can then apply to a change initiative at your agency.
- Access the “Deciding What to Implement to Achieve Successful Change” archived webinar to find out about lessons learned in choosing an intervention for a child welfare change process. Use the accompanying Intervention Selection and Design/Adaptation discussion and activity guide (PDF - 148 KB) to support knowledge and skill development, group discussion, and targeted action planning.
Read more about the change and implementation topics covered in the series in the Change and Implementation in Practice: Overview brief (PDF - 416 KB).