The Center for States provides services to assist agencies with improving the front end of the child welfare system. Strategies within this focus area include the development and distribution of tools and guides to increase knowledge and awareness of best practices, peer network development and support for best practice exchange, and learning experiences for knowledge exchange and skills development.
- CJA 101: Quick Facts About the Children's Justice Act Grant (PDF - 227 KB)
- SLO 101: Quick Facts About State Liaison Officers (PDF - 164 KB)
- Protective Factors and Protective Capacities: Common Ground for Protecting Children and Strengthening Families (PDF - 233 KB) [Infographic]
- Decision-Making in Child Welfare for Improved Safety Outcomes (PDF - 256 KB)
- Showcase: Safety Outcomes and Decision-Making Approaches (PDF - 195 KB)
Register through CapLEARN to access learning experiences.
Register through CapLEARN to access the Webinar Library.
- Protective Capacities and Protective Factors: Common Ground for Protecting Children and Strengthening Families
Resources From Related Focus Areas
- Unregulated Custody Transfer/Re-homing of Adopted Children (PDF - 428 KB)